What Percentage Are You Paying For Fees?

Discussion in 'Money Management & Banking' started by Johny_come_lately, 10th Sep, 2011.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Johny_come_lately

Johny_come_lately Well-Known Member

With the market undulating on a day to day basis, paper losses and gains are what gets my attention. Quite often I forget the steady drain on my assets which is known as 'fees'. The tens of thousands of dollars that I have lost over the years is the price of building my nestegg.

Currently I am paying 1.097 percent on total balance, 0.44 percent which is for my advisor. While I don't like paying, I see fees as a necessary evil.

So I put it out there. What fees are you paying? How much are you prepared to pay? Do you have a FP, and, how do they charge?

Johny. :p

2. Waimate01

Waimate01 Well-Known Member

I'm paying around a tenth of one percent (maybe less), over the entire portfolio. That's for a couple of LICs and an ETF. The rest are directly held. No advisors; they're blood-sucking bottom-feeders (no offense ;)

3. GunnerGuy

GunnerGuy Index & Property Investor

Fees, what fees ?

I only pay fees (small) on my index tracking ETF's, the spread price when I do by shares, and my accountant for doing my tax return annually ($330 pa).

The only fees I would pay would be for tax management advice, which generally are included in my annual tax return fees.

I don't know any financial advisor who has a better crystal ball than me, do you ?

One may however consider reading the internet, buying and reading financial/investment books as fees.

Since February my share/liquid portfolio is only up 0.55% (compared to AllOrds -15%). Not good I know but diversification has kept my head above the water.

Gunnerguy.