What Shares to Invest In for Kids

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by MattR, 11th Mar, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. islandgirl__

islandgirl__ Well-Known Member

I do the same for my son and hold it is a DT. That way he can take it over when he is 18. At the moment my husband and I are beneficies, with him getting the small income portion he is allowed under tax - $1100?? something like that. The trust is mainly focused on long term growth, income is plowed into more growth assets, I minimise tax on income by prepaying interest etc. Any govt funds that we get for him is plowed into the trust. Currently he owns some Platinum Asia, CFS property securities and a bit of Navra to pay the margin loan and to build assets faster. I am just looking at buying him some shares but don't know quite what yet. He is only 6 so by the time he is 18 he will have quite a start.

I started his saving account by collecting all the $2 and $1 coins and putting in his account. That along gave him over $1000 in the first year. Then I added any tax benefits that we get for him. Now its self funding and building all by itself.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.