what to do with money-becoming rich

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by dane445, 16th Aug, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

2. dane445

dane445 Member

hi guys
    everyone here thinks i am just going to be working at maccas if i do dropout
    this however is not the case
    i already bring in around 20,000 a yr buying and selling shoes over the internet
    and with my spare time from no homework etc: i could probably double this amount to 40,000
    also maccas pays say 10 an hour and if i work a 40 hour week thats another 400 a week which is another say 20,000 a year and i figure that 60,000 a year is ok for a year 10 dropout also this would give me alot of money to invest in managed funds and property etc:

the only problem with this scenario is if my shoes stop selling and im soley relient on maccas that is not as much

any suggestions

btw: this has been really helpfull in making my decision
    thanks

keep em coming

3. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

Dane,

Stop focusing on Macca's as your only option for starters. You don't want to work at Macca's? Fine. Work at Hungry Jacks or Subway or Coles or Woolie's or Bunnings or one of a thousand other places that will take an unskilled 16 year old on. You're not likely to get much more than 10 bucks an hour for starters, but you work hard, do the hard yards you'll move up and your pay will increase. Combined with your business, you should have a pretty tidy income. Combine that then with investments and your income will grow quite quickly.

Remember, it's about keeping your eyes on the prize. There are people that have achieved financial independence by cleaning toilets. If you want it badly enough, you'll do whatever you have to do to get it. One of the biggest reasons most people who are financially free get there is because they are willing to make sacrifices to achieve their goals.

In relation to your worrying about your shoes stop selling, that's a possibility, but you will find something else if that happens. There aren't a lot of successful business people that make it with their first business. What sets you apart is that you gave it a go. I did and while my business failed miserably, I learnt A LOT of stuff about owning and running a business, too. I have no doubt that if your shoes business doesn't work, you'll just dust yourself off and set up something else. You've got the drive and willingness to succeed. Just keep doing what you're already doing, you're already well ahead of just about everyone else your own age.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator: 21st Aug, 2008
  4. Thudd

Thudd Well-Known Member

What's SS?

5. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

dane 445,

Old saying goes like this (more or less):
    It’s not that important what you know, but who you know.

Good education increases your chances to have an access to influential and knowledgeable people, and that may/will increase your chances to become a very successful person. ;)
    As always .... choice is yours. :cool:

6. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

Somersoft.

Mark