Join our investing community

What types of tenants for luxury rooming House ?

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by evisional, 14th Sep, 2008.

1. evisional

evisional Well-Known Member

I have found very big house (6 bed rooms, luxury) in a outer eastern surburb (20km) in Melbourne, not close to any univerity . I probably rent out more than $600+ /week. However, I do not know what type of tenants will rent the house?How difficult to find tenants? Does anyone have experience with such big house? I do not think that normal family could afford such price. People will not like to share a big house. What is your solution?

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Co-founder Staff Member

If you are looking at shared accomodation, you generally want to be close to something attractive (eg close to uni / hospital / CBD or major business district / beach / etc) ... and preferably very close to good quality public transport (trains / trams / etc).

Otherwise, you are looking at executive rentals, which is a very different ball game again, and you'd need to keep the property in top condition to maintain the rentability - increased costs.

Why doesn this house interest you?

3. evisional

evisional Well-Known Member

I am intereted in the house because of the big land and undervalued price. However, I need to rent out to maintain cashflow.

How difficult to find excutive rent?

4. Jacque

Jacque Team InvestEd

Hi Evisional

Your first port of call needs to be to some local PM's- give them a call and ascertain the current demand for 6 bed houses and their likely rent. Unless, as others have pointed out, there's a source of students nearby who are likely to want to rent your IP, then you're more likely to be pitching to large families or executive rentals.