Trading Where Does Success Come From?

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Tropo, 17th Feb, 2012.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Before you run off thinking that this is going to be some sort of Anthony Robbins new age touchy, feely motivational posting….think again.
    Let me state at the outset I think motivation is ********.

To my mind you cannot motivate anyone to do anything unless you have a taser handy. Even then you might have to shock some people repeatedly.
    Motivation is the equivalent of giving amphetamines to a to a two year old. They run around like a chook with their head cut off for awhile and then collapse in the corner.

Every motivational seminar I have ever seen is like this.
    People drink the funny water, go a little bonkers, pretend to break boards, walk over hot coals and generally make dicks of themselves. They then go home and continue to be the losers they always were.

Inspiration is a different thing entirely.
    I think it is possible for people who have done something special to inspire others to follow in their footsteps. However, notice the subtle difference between motivation and inspiration.
    Motivation is about being pushed, inspiration is about following.

With motivation someone drives you along whereas, with inspiration you drive yourself along.
    As an example I have been going to the same gym for about 20 years and in that time I have seen some fascinating things.
    Outside of a boat ramp the most fun you can have is watch a 20 something personal trainer who has done a weekend course try and get a middle age women to stand on a Swiss ball and then throw things at her.

What I witnessed the most over these decades is that people very rarely change, they come into the gym and expect that in one hour a week their trainer will someone how miraculously change their lives.
    The trainer can poke, prod, cajole, abuse and generally “motivate” their client during the hour but they cannot make lasting change because their client does not have the internal drive to make the changes for themselves.
    This is the central tenet of success – it is internally driven. It doesn’t come from other people.

Too often over the years of watching people trade I have come across the notion that people believe that success is external to them.
    That it is like a jacket that someone else gives you that once you have all your troubles are over.
    Not so – it is something you generate yourself.
    This raises the question of can an individual change their own behaviour sufficiently to overcome a lifetime of looking for someone to drive them along.

My answer depends on the sort of mood I am.
    Get me on a ****** day when I have meet a never ending string of friggen ********s and I will tell you once a ******** always a ********.
    Get me on a day when I have meet that rare individual who has gotten off their arse and got going and I might tell you something different.
    Chris T.

2. wdongli

wdongli Well-Known Member

You will fail to motivate you!

You are passively motivated and inspired always. Why? If you are passionate, wise, visionary, and dream, you don't need these motivation and inspiration even few have this personal characters.

Why do you fail in the market? It is because you are passive to everything else but the quick money and the system with the number only. Me? passionate, not wise and visionary, even dreaming.

1. Wisdom give you the foundation avoiding to do stupid things such as burning the money on the fire.
    2. Passion let you to chase what you want and quite possible to let you chase the goal you could achieve if wisdom has root in your mind.
    3. Vision is about knowledge and the way you see the market and life.
    4. Dream? Everyone has but few could turn it to be true.

Most of market players want the money but not wise, passionate, visionary, but full of dream to take a fortune home in a second. In the philosophy, market must be a place to make poor poorer and most of the market players must be poorer.

Why? It is fair since resource is always rare and most of people should not have fortune.

Too many words sellers let us believe we could be motivated and inspired for money. You are your own enemy and if your enemy could not be beaten down, you fail!

3. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attached Files:

4. wdongli

Haha, that is typical reaction with primary instinct. The words are not the money and too serious to the words would drag you into the hell.

However putting the words in logic and testing them before everyone would be great for mind updating.

It is easiest to blind you even good things ahead of you in meters, which is what most of market players do. There are a lot of people trust the experts or the words they paid. That is bad.

Why don't you get something without paying or never google for the words to support your insanity or biases?

Are you wise or wise enough? Do hope you are. I am not wise and would not pretend I am wise. I would continue my efforts for my mind updating until I could behave properly in the market.

Could I be wise as you? Maybe or maybe not, which could not be told by what I say but the results from my market playing. It is the war and even you could say you are wise but unlucky to lose too much or could not make enough money or use pension support your gamble, losers are always the losers.

xxx or more xxx is easy but is it any helpful in the market? Give me your wisdom and after evaluation and if it is true why do I refuse. Inverting means don't blindly trust any words! In this sense don't trust me either!

Do wonder why so many would like the words from remote place but never think about how to be wise and hold the wisdom when it flies by?

Where does the success comes from? Good question but the answer definitely is not from XXXX... It is wrong and it is dangerous you are so easy to feel bad or good. Any great in the war would be upset so much from the words for the view about the war?

What's your discipline, analysis, self-reliance, and wisdom? Are they poured into your mind by someone else and only make you happy?

Last edited by a moderator: 18th Feb, 2012
  5. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

I totally agree.

:D

But can you please not quote wdongli posts - I have his posts blocked so I don't have read his garbage - but when you quote him they come up...

:mad:

PS - can a moderator please just ban wdongli - I feel dumber after every one of his posts I read - and it detracts from the value of these forums.

6. wdongli

Garbages or pearls? Who is the judge? Everyone has his own personal tastes.

It is not my issues to ban wdongli or not when I challenge the illogic and self-feeling promotion. It is not because anything else but the illogic and self-feeling promotion would kill anyone's life in the market.

All of us, if staying with market while IT booming, should understand the risks of our own primary instinct. In fact it never could be true.

I didn't burn any of your money but just my views are different from you. When you called the ban, did you realize it magnified the effects of my garbages too? If you are really upset for my words, it is not wise to be so seriously.

A question is if you could not stop being upset by the words only how could you implement the discipline for your own money?

I might be crazy or mad but please understand I would not be interested in personal feeling anymore, which are the garbages in the market themselves. Do you agree with it? If not, please give a logic explanation!

To make money in the market, we must be right at the time and price, which needs much more than the feeling and raises a lot of questions about ourselves.

It was understandable when we just came to the market we really just cared about our feeling. But a decade or more than a decade should let us know things and market better, shouldn't it?

However I have to say sorry to you. I don't want to upset you really if we just meet in a pub. Unfortunately we are in the market.

Seriously saying I was shocked by the words from a experienced market player who has excellent skills to run the systems and very brilliant. I could not call the ban on you. You have contributed a lot for all of us here. I really enjoyed to read your posts and would like to discuss the market with you very much.

How long have you been in the market? Where are our discipline, analysis, tolerance, and self-reliance? We all know we should be so, don't we? Do you insist on the call? Please give me a room.

It is always sad to hear any call to drive people out by some forces. Too much emotion and too little understanding let alone wisdom there and most of time it means group thinking and group insanity, which I feel true for everything around us. Something wrong, isn't it?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 19th Feb, 2012
  7. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

"But can you please not quote wdongli posts - I have his posts blocked so I don't have read his garbage - but when you quote him they come up..."

Done !!!!

8. wdongli

It is a test for your discipline. I would like to see anyone to be disciplined. It is a good news for you!

Unfortunately market is a wild world, where it is very difficult to be disciplined, analyzed, and self-independent when a group of market players get together for what they see together. So what we see is if one cry all cry and if you don't cry you look as strangers.

I really don't mind to be seen as a stranger in the crowd of the losers. Why? I don't want to be their comrades and friends. Market is a place you have to look after your self-interests.

Do you still blame W. Buffett for his self-interest? Do you believe you could save any one if he just enjoys to burn the money? Who could save you?

God and only God if you believe him and no one could save you in the market due to your greed, primary instinct, illogical, insanity, much better a tiny self-feeling promotion at the wrong time and place.

Don't think we could judge anyone else for what they say and do. When you seriously joke or look down anyone, your mistakes have been recorded by Mr Market. He would screw on you until you change or give up!

What human really needs in life? The feeling to be in one or some groups. Me too. The more people cry for one thing the more possibly the turns would coming.

Who are still in the market of the cheerful market players around ERG in 2000? Who are winners after they desperately block this or that post? Market players seldom could get any lessons from their own or others' mistakes.

Too many market players are matured physically or too old but their brains never be better than babies to deal with the wild world. They really want to win but don't know how to protect themselves.

I still could not let myself matured for this wild wold. Too many thought they are but they are worse. When you are insane you tend to put your in the box with the label which let you feel good.

Why? If I dislike you I just try all to block your words into my ear. Why should you do that? Let you feel good. Have you paid for your movies. Feel good needs the costs. Does it work to block your ear? Yes but result is very negative! When you cheat yourselves, the market beat you to be sane or wipe you out!

Are you highly experienced market players? Perhaps and it would be true for anyone who has been in the market for a decade. The problem is that most of experienced market players could not keep their capital in hands let alone to get any returns.

Between March 2009 and April 2011, I believed I had know what the market was. Actually every year since 2006 before April 2011, I could get profit more than $100,000 from the market. It made my head hot.

The market is always fair and ruthless. It doesn't tolerate any stupidity without matter how clever or genius you are. If you don't have the basic logic you could not avoid the fate to lose your shirts.

Trading makes the money. Investing makes the money. Insanity and cheating yourselves would let you lose all. Why do you cry for the bad market? You could not deal with the challenge and you could not face yourself.

Done! What's the exclamation mark for?

Enforce the group thinking, hand out friendly hands in the way to burn the money, or have done a lot of work to make you wise and intelligent?

How many things have we done wrongly and burnt too much money? Could you burst to say you have got significant return when the crowd or warriors desperately and hopelessly in the ruins? What do you think about two edges? Is it logic to put all on one edge and ignore another edge? How could we use different edges at different times and conditions? What are the conditions and contexts.

Done to ban wdongli? It sounds boys play the balls in the playground! A very childish behavior of very experienced market players are the reasons when the insanity repeats always and make them are the losers in the market.

Last edited by a moderator: 20th Feb, 2012

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia