Where the property professionals think we are

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Nigel Ward, 4th Oct, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nigel Ward

Nigel Ward Well-Known Member

Attached is a link the property institute's annual survey results. They poll the various institutions involved in property about where they think things are at in the market cycle for various sectors and then their forecasts for the next 2 years. Makes interesting reading.

In the respondents' opinions residential looks like it be only approach upswing in 2008 for both Sydney and Melbourne, with Brissie in a bust at that time.

Who knows whether these guys have better crystal balls than the rest of us...but food for thought.

http://www.propertyinstitute-wa.com/files/files/4445be9db7773_API Survey Report April 06.pdf

Anyone else have a view?

Cheers
    N.

2. grossrealisation

grossrealisation Member

hi nigel
    I hope their right
    at 2 1/2 years
    that puts me mid to late 2008 early 2009 for my units in a climbing market that would make me ahappy little investor
    and thats what I have my crystal ball saying
    also I think sydney maybe a bit earlier if rents keep rising.
    lets see

3. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Lawrence,

I'm in the same boat, even if mines a dinghy compared to your ocean cruiser! ;) My little three townhouse development should come online mid-2008. I settled on the site last month and am now moving forward on the DA/CC process. I'll post the results as I move along, but the timeline looks like working in my favour.

Cheers,
    Michael.

4. grossrealisation

grossrealisation Member

yep
    I know michael and you will be on a winner I think

5. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Time is a forgiving beast and my feelings are that by early 2008 we will begin to see more marked improvements in the Sydney market generally. However, this is only if economic conditions remain favourable, interest rates stable and rents continue to rise.
    I still believe that Sydney is currently a segmented market, with some areas in recovery mode, whilst other suburbs (traditionally less popular) continue to stagnate and even fall.