Where will China market go?

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by evisional, 16th Oct, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. evisional

evisional Well-Known Member

Hi everyone

Shanghai Composite Index increase twice (200%) within the last 2 years. There was market correction in Jan 2007. Now it is too high? Do you think that the market will continuely go up?

Is this a relevant time to invest in China?

Thanks

2. Lam Thieu

Lam Thieu Well-Known Member

I just put in my application for Challengers China Share Fund....

...I kinda bit the bullet on this one as well....the unit price keeps going up and up....hasn't experienced a major lul since inception.

3. DaveJ__

DaveJ__ Well-Known Member

When was the last time an index went up 200%+ in 2yrs???:rolleyes:

Yes the trend is your friend... but the sharper the up-trend the BIGGER the fall!..

Interesting times indeed.

4. Property WA

Property WA Active Member

Hard one to call.

You put 3 leading economists in the room and you'll probably get 'it's got room to grow', 'it's about to burst', 'it'll level out'.

Won't throw my hat into the ring as to the economies direction, to many if's and buts.

If you want access to China (or more so Asia) with some security of capital protection it might be worth having a look at the new Macquarie Gateway offer - in no way a recommendation to invest - just pointing out there are options to get exposure to China with some downside protection.