Managed Funds Which sector will perform the best?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by tropic, 9th May, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. tropic

tropic Well-Known Member

I like to know if you guys can look into your crystal ball and predict which sector eg. LPT, mining, finance, construction, local, international etc for the next couple of years?

2. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

I look into my crystal ball and see horse racing as booming!

3. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

This is how I see the different sectors at the end of the next year.

Helium was up, feathers were down. Paper was stationary. Fluorescent tubing was dimmed in light trading. Knives were up sharply. Cows steered into a bull market. Pencils lost a few points. Hiking equipment was trailing. Elevators rose, while escalators continued a slow decline. Weights were up in heavy trading. Light switches were off. Mining equipment hit rock bottom. Nappies remain unchanged. Shipping lines stayed at an even keel. The market for raisins dried up. Coca Cola fizzled. Caterpillar stock inched up a bit. Balloon prices were inflated. Scott Tissue touched a new bottom. And batteries exploded attempting to recharge the market.

:) :)

4. Tim__

Tim__ Well-Known Member

Tropic,

I am sure that I came across a graph in AFR the other day that gave the history of all sectors for the last year or so - but anyway here is my crsytal ball:

LPT - expensive now so maybe slow
    Resources - strong
    Finance - strong
    Construction - Boral and Adelaide Brighton could be goers, residential construction could be picking up
    - International - CHine white hot and volatile
    - US DOW is good so probably continue as long as housing sector doesnt fall in too much of a heap
    Germany - Strong

My pick is Ozzie banks, some select resources, consumer staples (WOW and CJG, DJS) or is that consumer discretionary, can never remember!

Tim