Who do you use for Landlord insurance

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Glebe, 20th Dec, 2006.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I recently bought an investment property so will start researching landlord insurance. I was just wondering who you guys use and why?

Thanks.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

We use CGU through our insurance broker - we have building and landlord insurance as part of the policy.

Have had a couple of minor claims against the landlords insurance - which have been processed by our property manager without any real dramas.

I haven't had any experience with other insurers, so I'm not really in a position to compare.

3. Mark Laszczuk

Mark Laszczuk Well-Known Member

Glebe,

Nigel knows a good broker in Sydney - might pay to ask him in PM for details.

Mark

4. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

CGU through AON brokers. So far so good- though I don't like their insurance statements- confusing to say the least. They are, however, working to change these and make them more reader friendly.

Have had a couple of claims processed now with no major dramas.

5. hillsguy

hillsguy Well-Known Member

AAMI - been very happy with them so far ! ;)

6. kheong

kheong New Member

I found that Australian Unity gives a really good deal when combined with house insurance. You also get additional discounts for ordering online, etc.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.