Trading who has learnt how to trade?

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by TROM, 4th May, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TROM

TROM Active Member

anyone here learn how to trade shares for income from Hometrader or any other company teaching you the basics.

Any pointers?

Or would you rather have someone else manage your money for you?

Like a Managed Fund

2. Tropo

Tropo Well-Known Member

There are few ‘schools’ which can teach you how to trade.
    ‘The Trading Game’ run by Chris Tate and Louise Bedford is one of them.
    Other is Hometrader.
    If you are serious about making money in the market, becoming a student is a good idea.

3. voigtstr

voigtstr Well-Known Member

in the short term wifey has imposed a savings goal on me. Once that is out of the way I'm thinking of learning to trade from www.thedaytrader.com.au
    has anyone anything good or bad to say about his approach?

4. Young Gun

Young Gun Guest

if you're a fan of technical analysis these courses can be helpful. They would teach you all the terms and what to look for etc etc.

I'm not a fan of technical analysis at all, so I wouldn't put much value on these courses.

I think most people would be better served by having a grasp on how to value a company, understanding what the company actually does and who its market is and then determing if something is worth purchasing. (and you can do most of this for free!).

But if you like reading tea leaves and looking at pictures TA is the way to go. If it doesn't work at least you'll pick up the lingo to make is sound like you know what your talking about. (sorry about the rant about TA!)

5. GunnerGuy

GunnerGuy Index & Property Investor

Company valuation

Although generally not a strong supporter of TA (but currently sitting on the fence) , I am not sure I can believe what one can find in the annual reports of companies naymore ........ or rather the things omittted from the annual reports !!

6. jimmyjim

jimmyjim Guest

I have completed a course in Technical Analysis run by The Everyday Trader. It was a great starting point teaching not just tech analysis, but also money management and trading psychology.
    The course is set up to do at your own pace, which suited me well. It is very well constructed and easy for a 'newbie' like me to follow.
    A great starting point for anyone interested in learning how to trade.

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.