Who Is Looking For Investment Properties At The Moment?

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Chris C, 7th Apr, 2010.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

While the pros and cons of property investments are always debated on these forums (sometimes to ad nauseam) and I was just wondering who on these forums is actually actively looking to increase their investment property portfolio at the moment?

And if you are, where are you looking? and what are you looking for?

2. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member

Hi Chris

I want another 1 in Sydney but had a short break because there was too much competition so I'm hopeing that the recent interest rate increases will work in my favour.

Why do you ask?

3. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

Just trying to get a feeling of where everyone is at with their property investment plans.

I have also over the last year or so it's been made obvious to me that my insights on the market makes absoulely no difference to the market, the only opinion that matters to the market is the "market opinion" (and the banks opinion).

So whilst I obviously have my firm beliefs about some ineitablilities with regards to debt levels I'm also aware that the market can do anything in the short run, and this is me trying listen to what others on these forums are planning in the short run, so I can start trying to better work out how things work in the short run.

4. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member

Chris

I don't believe that the property markets will be booming for long.
    I don't know what other people are planning to do this year but I see no reason to have an aggressive investment plan.

Despite what the RBA is telling us I'm not too confident in our economy because our prosperity depends on China and the rest of the world
    and the world today is not in good shape.

I feel that it will take many years for the western world to recover and I'm also not convinced that other investments (eg shares) are the way to go.
    IMO the best approach for many of us now would be to reduce debt.

The RBA is also hitting us with higher interest rates which means that soon the economy will stall because people are forced to adjust their spending pattern and won't be spending more than they have to

5. layer181

layer181 Member

After a period of illness I was thinking of coming back into the market .Been studying the possibility of investing into an NRAS property in Brisbane

6. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member

layer181

Is it high rise property?
    Have prices gone up much this year?

7. layer181

layer181 Member

Hi Bill
    I am talking about the govt incentive of $80k plus over 10 years to invest into an investment property. .

8. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member

Yes I know what NRAS is.
    I was asking if you've found 1, what it is and how the Brisbane property market is at the moment

9. D&K

D&K Well-Known Member

Early last year was a better time to buy, particularly Sydney and central to capital cities - did that. Still good opportunities but less general growth remaining.

Working on another one now, a land bank outer Brissy (adjacent to existing IP). Hope to sell with DA in under 2 years (if we can get council to move that fast) or develop in 3 years if we can get the money ourselves ... and if we can handle the stress :(. This is based on an expectation of more lending by banks from next year and this up-cycle running out of steam in 2 years for inner city / 3 years for outer ring.

Dave

10. lura

lura Active Member

We've sold two properties, now looking for another one for developing. Reducing debt has been great but this is still a pretty good time to source well priced properties.

Also establishing a new business so no rush at moment.

11. investor_D

investor_D Member

Hi Chris

When am I looking to buy a property? Whenever I can. Whenever I can squeeze my finances and use equity to buy another!

I don’t pay too much attention to the highs and lows of the market. I’m a long term investor with a 10-20 year mindset. I know that my assets will double in value every 7-10 years.

Right now I am looking at a 2 bedroom unit in Palm Beach, QLD.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.