Managed Funds Why Navra Fund?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by evisional, 24th Aug, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

Michael, how many IP's do you have and where are they located?

How have they faired during the flat realestate market? What about rent are you seeing rent increases?

Tom

2. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

Just remember these are returning during a stock market boom. So don't necessarily count on these returning in the future.

If you look at the ASX200 return over the last 3-4 years we have seen 20%+ PA So really I feel this fund has under performed given the market conditions.

This fund is more likely to out perform in a sideways trending market due to their fire trading strategies.

3. redrover

redrover Well-Known Member

"8th best boutique fund" surveyed - out of how many funds!!! What was the criteria? Seems a bit meaningless without benchmarks.

4. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

was it a industry super fund? lol

Most super funds don't invest all their funds into higher growth higher risk shares.. alot of those funds invest in silly things like fixed interest and bonds which don't return much at all.. so called 'balanced funds' these type of asset allocations are better suited to someone close to retirement, not someone who still have a way to go.

I would consider these funds to be un-balanced for my liking.

5. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

I'm sure all this is avaliable.. Investsmart do list how much funds are invested in each fund.

I can't understand why you would equate having less funds under management meaning you will have a lower return.

If anything I avoid titanic fund managers and select smaller ones as its easier for a smaller manager to dump their funds in a stock than a titanic.

6. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

Hi crc.

I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying. :confused:

1. Investsmart may have FUM figures but I'm saying from a marketing point of view I'm surprised NavraInvest didn't communicate good news stories like 'Number 8 Fund........' etc. to a wider audience. Crikey, I'm a Unitholder and Shareholder and I hadn't heard that one. What chance does the average punter in the street have of hearing these things?

2. Increased FUM on a flat fee structure would mean better returns for shareholders.

7. crc_error

crc_error The Rule of 72

Hi Alan,

Fair enough... but lets wait to see confirmation about Number 8 fund.

From a fee point of view, yes returns should be bigger... but I like to see a fund have the ability to move with the times quickly.. especially one like this which fire-trades on a regular basis... hence its necessary for them to be able to sell or buy quickly.

8. Alan__

Alan__ Well-Known Member

Hi crc.

Keep in mind that the ability to buy and sell quickly for this Fund is relatively easier because it's generally trading in the opposite direction to the market. ie. It's selling when the market is rising and hence there are more buyers than sellers about and it is buying when there are plenty of sellers about.

Also, as a Fund it is still not that big.

Finally, the stocks it invests in are generally in the top 50 stocks so its trade sizes are probably still relatively small for trades in these size stocks.

9. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Perhaps when we see the article we'll all be better informed. Otherwise "woodpecking" achieves very little. Although I understand your point - "facts is good" :)

Regardless, I still thank Navra Invest I was comfortable enough to go out and pick up a new car yesterday. Thanks Steve and crew ! It takes premium unleaded though, so if we can do at least 10% this year, I'd appreciate it

10. MJK__

MJK__ Well-Known Member

What type didya buy TH?

MJK:D:D

11. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

It's not too exciting mate - I couldn't bring myself to spend luxury money :) ... but I drove a Suzuki Swift Sport and it reminded me of the first mini I had 22 years ago (except safe, more powerful, and it has brakes that work ;-) ) After the first drive round a few twisty corners I was hooked. But they made it a high compression engine to get the revs out of it ... so I have to fork out for the premium fuel - not at all environmentally concious and I feel quite guilty, but I'll get over it ... (I will plant a couple of trees each weekend to gather informal carbon credits :D)

12. MJK__

MJK__ Well-Known Member

Sounds like a zippy fun car. Maybe we can spend the luxury dough in years to come.

MJK