Why pay for a property or suburb sales report ?!

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by TryHard, 22nd Apr, 2008.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

2. pjb89

pjb89 Active Member

Yeah baby!!!!

Don't you just love the internet!!

BUT.....I just checked one of my IP's on the GC and my sale isn't showing even though I settled nearly 9 months ago.....hmmm maybe I don't own it afterall!:eek:

Me thinks further investigation is meritted...

Peter

3. TryHard

TryHard Well-Known Member

Hmmm - I checked against an RPData for a suburb I recently purchased and it looks identical. Maybe the source data is a bit flaky .... still, for the price, I'm happy :) ... I checked the sales I know of in our areas and the figures are correct too, so I guess it's coming from somewhere generally reliable. Look on the bright side pjb, no one will know what you paid ;)

4. hillsguy

hillsguy Well-Known Member

Yep - Settled recently and details are up there !

FREE !!!!

5. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hey I think it's great! Anything like this that makes buyers and sellers more informed can only be good news- yes, it's not as detailed or as up to date as RP Data but it's certainly a valid starting point, especially if you're new to an area and want an overview of values in general.

6. DaveA__

DaveA__ Well-Known Member

Id say its not totally complete. My recent unit purchase isnt on there however others in the building (two months later) are on the report. Fantastic report though. Its really good for the price...

Great Find

7. pjb89

pjb89 Active Member

Hey TryHard

I'm not complaining....well not for what I am paying for it :D

I think this is a terrific tool to use ....and its FREE

Ciao

Pedro

8. voigtstr

voigtstr Well-Known Member

9. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

That's amazing. So easy to find out how much friends and relo's paid for their houses.. and them mine! :eek:

10. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hehe it's a little scary isn't it?! :D

Actually, when I first became a BA and had access to all this data I used to quietly chuckle when people told me how much they sold their house for, or when an agent told porkies about the sale prices they achieved, only to find out the truth later on. A friend of my brothers was boasting how they sold for some $15K more than what they actually did- guess they didn't want it to look as though they sold for less than they said they could.

It's human nature and, funnily enough, quintessentially Australian, for people to keep their purchase and sale prices to themselves - God forbid everyone knowing we caved in and sold for less or bought for more. All of us like to think we got a "bargain" and I have no doubt egos come into it as well....

11. PWL

PWL New Member

Yes onthehouse is a useful site for those that dont have access to rpdata or do not wish to pay for it. Obviously rpdata and the like have more detailed info but onthehouse has enough info for your average home buyer. What a great concept i say, as long as people use the info for the right purpose. How things have changed with technology.