Managed Funds Why two Navra Australian funds ?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by hillsguy, 20th Jun, 2007.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Glebe

Glebe Well-Known Member

I'm just glad I got into the wholesale fund when I did.

Now if I sell down to pay off the PPOR I'll at least keep $1 worth of units!

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Actually the minimum balance is $100K

3. seaview

seaview Well-Known Member

Hi,

This raises 2 questions for me:

1. To avoid a whopping tax bill next year I going to sell some Navra wholesale in a few months and buy it back in my daughters name. (The buy/sell fee was cheaper than a transfer fee). But now I am loathe to sell any of the WS fund and wonder if they will permit me to transfer it to someone else instead?
    It would be a real shame to have to swap to the Retail Fund and pay a higher MER, but it would be a bigger shame to pay lots of tax. So I am in a pickle.:cool:

2. Does anyone know if existing WS fund holders can still add to their holdings, either directly or via savings plan/ reinvestment of dividends?

Thanks
    Seaview

4. gazza

gazza Well-Known Member

Seaview

I got the impression that existing wholesale fund holders cannot add to existing holdings (unless you are investing over 2.5 mill of course :)

Gazza

5. hillsguy

hillsguy Well-Known Member

We have up until last quarter re-invested part of our dividends each quarter back into the WS fund. I have not been notified that it will be any different next quarter.

6. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

If that were the case, they would have had to re-issue the prospectus, because we invested based on what was specified in that document.

There has been no such notification, so I wouldn't consider that to be correct.

7. gazza

gazza Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. Maybe it was if for example I as an existing unitholder , wanted to open an account in my wife and my names (as opposed to the existing account being in my wife's name).