Managed Funds Would like advice

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by laythembricks, 17th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. laythembricks

laythembricks New Member

G'day all I'm hopeing to find some answers to a few questions.
    So I have some shares in man om-ip global and I thought it would be best to post here as these were given to me by a family member in the wish to give me a good head start in life and I don't want to go straight to the source incase I upset someone or seem ungreatful.
    I believe 10,000 dollars was given to a private wealth company about 15 years ago, I was told at some point a few years ago that it had turned in 14,000, and that it was going to be invested into the man om-ip global thing, I spoke to them company around feb 2014 and was told that there is 10,000 dollars there, I'm just wondering how it is possible that in all that time (15 years) that I am still where I started, I really don't know much about investments, stocks, shares and things along those lines but I fear that if it hasn't grown at all someone is taking the **** and Im being ripped off, any advice would be much appreciated

2. Johny_come_lately

Johny_come_lately Well-Known Member

Hi Laythembricks,

The shares you have are in a Capital Guaranteed Fund that has a fixed term. That should mean they don't go lower than the $10,000 initial investment.

The Man OM-IP funds are closed to new investments.

I expect you can only cash them in on full term.

They are higher risk being global and hold exchange rate risk.

What year were your funds bought?

Johny. :)

3. laythembricks

laythembricks New Member

The shares were purchased in 2011 and havnt really made me any extra money.
    I have spoken to someone about them and I can cash them in but have to pay an exit fee, the maturity date is some time in 2020 so hopefully can get better,
    So is this a known investment that doesn't really do well for people?
    Appreciate your response mate

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia