Would you invest on this kind of thing ?

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by analyst, 13th Mar, 2011.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. analyst

analyst New Member

Hi all,

1st of all, i got to say, nice forum you got here.
    now, i like to share somthing i have noticed by one of the other forum online...

i have seen one auction on ebay that let me think to risk my money. and the auction is :
    Smartphone Game Invention Idea For Sell - Patent Invent - eBay (item 250786966593 end time Mar-18-11 09:04:57 PDT)

now, my question for you guys, whould you try to take a risk on somthing like that, or just to leave it alone and to look for other investments...
    this auction is look atractive for me because of it's price. - if this game is, let's say "nice", not good, perfect, or somthing around, but "nice", for 5000$ and production costs (around 10000$) and total of 15,000$ i need only let's say 28,000 sales of the game for 0.99$ to get my money back after all commitions.
    so it's sounds like a low risk inventment.
    the only thing i'm scared of, is this guy has no feedback.

what do you say ?
    worth the risk ?

2. wdongli

wdongli Well-Known Member

If all of your positive matters are true, you have got your answer. However it seems you have more concern or worries for the consequences of your decision. What are these worries? Would you mind to list them all as an exercise for your future business venture? We need the gut to face ourselves.

In my view, you don't need to worry about how could you make in future for a while until you sort out the worst case. You do need to think inversely to its negative extreme: what is the probability it doesn't have all of the good "if" you give? Could you get the probability roughly for your success or failure? Could you be sure at least you could make break even?

I never do any business before so all just talk for talking and hope they are helpful.

3. analyst

analyst New Member

Thanks for the replay.

1st thanks for the replay.

now, if you looking at the possitive and negative sides (at lease this is what i can see here) so here it is :

possitive :
    1. small amount of invesment. - 5000$ for auction + 10000$ for development + 5000$ top for online advertising and totla of 20000$ top.
    2. invesment can be returned in short time (only if the game is good)
    3. can be a successed product.
    4. need to make a small sells to return invesment - even if the game is not selling so good, invesment can be returned and maybe to make a small profit by selling the game for 0.99$ (0.99 - 40% seeling charge comes to 0.60$. 20000 sells divided by 0.60$ comes to 33,333 so 35,000 sells to make a small profit. - can be done easily.)

negative :
    1. can be an unsuccess game. - can loose 5000$ or 20000$ after production.
    2. can be a scam. - user got no feedback ( but still i got ebay and paypal protection )

so, acctually i got more possitive then negative ideas.
    maybe you can see more things that i cant see and help me with that.

let's say 20,000$ is not that bad for me to loose now for this risk, i got up to 25,000$ that i can risk. and i think this kind of thing is good (risky) investment no ?

4. wdongli

wdongli Well-Known Member

Very happy to see you are a intelligent and risk takers. No risk no money but no reason to leave the room to lose in any sense. We need right, decisive, and accurate hitting in the market.

Do hope you are right in vital few and get the first few of bucket of gold in your life. In my belief, you just need to be right and anything in the market is the source of your profit or reward even we just could be the best in our own circle. It is the game to take the time for you to be the best in your circle.

5. analyst

analyst New Member

Thanks a lot for the replay.

i learned couple of things from your thinking....