Join our investing community

Trading XAO: 10 days left to claim loss for tax!

Discussion in 'Shares' started by wdongli, 20th Jun, 2011.

1. wdongli

wdongli Well-Known Member

The time is ticked forward and the losses are needed to locked for tax deduction. That is a real technical matter in the stock market. If you lose you could lock it and forget it.

However fundamentally we should not lose or at least not lose too much in the market. The problem is if market is good we buy and then it crashes, we get the loss even no one want; if market is bad, we could not see the hope, and then market roars up but we just see the train leaving without us.

Understand all of the problems in the market but I do wonder whether we could change this pattern technically forever. We don't get the losses, but get a lot of profit, and we just happy to pay the tax even no one wants to pay more than he should.

Even we really want to use the tax deduction for losses, we should choose a time to sell based on our own judgment. The selling now just let me feel a lot of sellers are the hostage of the tax law.

Logically if you are the hostage you could not bargain for your value. Could we make the losses less than it should if we sell at this selling seasons?

If you could get less losses but you don't do, I do feel it is a little bit insane. Long time ago, I don't understand why the market herd is insane. Now I just hope some of my mates become a little bit intelligent!
    https://wdongli.wordpress.com

Last edited by a moderator: 20th Jun, 2011