yet 1 more property holdings spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by BillV, 12th Sep, 2010.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member

Hi

I needed an easy to understand spreadsheet to show my bank manager so I sat down and created 1.

Sheet 1 is showing properties held in my name,
    Sheet 2 is showing properties held in my Self Managed Super fund.
    Sheet 3 is showing Personal + SMSF properties combined.
    Sheet 4 (risk minimisation) was added to make my bank manager feel better.

The spreadsheet is not locked so you can change it to suit your needs.
    Feel free to correct any mistakes or to make suggestions

Please note: the property values, incomes, rents and street names are fictitious. As you add more properties you can replace simple addition & subtraction functions with formulae but for this number of IP's it's not necessary.

Enjoy

Attached Files:

2. kennydee

kennydee New Member

will not know till next week its a bit secretive

3. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member

There was an error with the interest from the offset account and while I was fixing this up I did a few more changes and ended up with an improved version.

I've now coloured the input cells (where we enter our data) Green. This will make it easier when you enter your income and IP details.

I've also added an extra sheet with a 2009/2010 tax calculator. This does not change the tax savings in our example because we remain in the 38% tax bracket but it will make the spreadsheet accurate for the lower tax brackets.

Now people on lower tax brackets don't have to change anything other than to enter their income and the spreadsheet will work out their tax.

There is no need to fiddle with the tax calculations so I've made the TAX sheet hidden. If in the future there are tax cuts and our tax brackets change or you would like to add more IP's to the spreadsheet you'll need to modify the tax sheet. Don't worry there is no password and you can make the TAX sheet visible again by going to FORMAT/SHEET/UNHIDE and choosing the TAX sheet

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: 15th Sep, 2010
  4. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member

I'm attaching the latest version which also includes savings in the Medicare levy.

In this version you only need to enter data once.

Remember to only enter your data in the highlighted Green cells of the PERSONAL sheet or the SMSF sheet

Enjoy

Attached Files:

5. Red Popi

Red Popi New Member

Fantastic Spreadsheet

Thanks very much for sharing this resource, I have just brought my first investment property and I have great use for this tool!

Has anyone done a similar one for share investments?

Thanks

Red Popi!

6. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member

No worries Popi
    I think you'll find it easy to use but feel free to ask questions if there is something you don't understand

Such a spreadsheet wouldn't be suitable for shares because share prices change very quickly
    I think you'll be better off using your online shares account to track performance

7. Manny

Manny New Member

Hi Bill,

great spreadsheet... One quick observation, the spreadsheet shows your PPOR expenses as income (although red in colour, it isn't negative $X). But overall you did a GREAT job :)

Cheers,

Manny.

8. BillV

BillV Well-Known Member

Hi Manny
    Thanks for the feedback
    I'm attaching the updated version which fixes some issues with the colours as well.
    Cheers

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: 2nd Oct, 2010