Young man looking to learn / invest

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Bazman22, 27th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bazman22

Bazman22 New Member

Hello everyone , I'm a 26 year old male currently working as a personal trainer . Really keen to bust into the property market . I live in Sydney obviously looking to buy outside of Sydney but I guess my main questions are ... We're is hot ? Is there anyone I can talk too about this and get great advice ? How much do I need to borrow ? Any and all comments appreciated really keen to learn :) mat

2. Chris C

Chris C Well-Known Member

Why are you primarily focused on the property market?

Does it not concern you that there are a lot of financial pundits out there calling Australian property a bubble?

3. Johny_come_lately

Johny_come_lately Well-Known Member

I think that boat has left the port. All my friends and family are into property. They don't realize that Australia could become like Ireland, where new house construction went to zero, after their property crash. When houses go from 3 times yearly wages to 13 times, you have to consider. Do I buy this house at a crazy high price so I can sell to somebody for an even crazier higher price? :eek:

Johny.

4. hellworld

hellworld Member

5. Ripe Wealth Creation

Ripe Wealth Creation Member

Educate yourself First!

There is always good buying opportunities, even in a down market - you just have to do your research.

With the state of the economy both overseas and in Australia it is a good time to research, educate yourself and yes it does look bleak but in every market there are buying opportunities - you may have to look outside your own backyard.

Lending criteria has changed to, so you must be careful about equity and balancing your portfolio carefully so you do not over extend yourself.

We look forward to hearing your plans soon

Last edited by a moderator: 17th Sep, 2016
  6. jeremygard

jeremygard Member

Hey Bazman22

Great to see such a young entrepreneur like yourself getting started in your wealth creation plans. And property is definitely a good start.

I am a financial life manager with and run a financial services business up here on the GC. Have many clients in Sydney and we've got a great strategy that can get you into an investment property for as little as $2,000.

Not trying to make this into a sales pitch as I do want to give you some good tips here, but would need some more detail on how much you have to get started with, your intended outcomes and goals for the investment, etc. i.e. what are you trying to achieve and by when. There's always more than one way to skin a cat as they say. Property investment in the traditional way is one.

Message me for more info and I'd love to have a chat with you via Skype or whatever.

Can also talk shares to give you some further diversification if you're open to it.

I'm all about helping my clients make better financial decisions that align with their life goals and vision. Simply buying an investment property may or may not be the best use of your funds. However, if you are focused on just property, like I said, we can help you source a property outside Sydney, if that's what you want, no borrowing required, and get you started with your portfolio.

Lots of other great comments in this thread with good advice. Always do your homework and investigate potential alternatives that may reach the same outcome in the time frame you're working with.

Best advice is to focus on investing for income. Not just to accumulate assets. Income is the thing that will set you up for a financially free future.

Would love to help.

Cheers

Jeremy

7. sarah2489

sarah2489 New Member

Hey There!

I would recommend reading the book Motivated Money by Peter Thornhill - might challenge your thoughts that are focused on property and educate you in another form of investment!

2 people like this.
  8. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

I was checking out the New England Tableland ( N.E . NSW ) as possibly value v. potential ( I live in S.E .Qld ) that maybe too far from the Big smoke for you ... but there are some possibilities

BUT TAKE CARE , there is still the odd trap .

9. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

Good day. Hoping the original poster is still around and, wondering what sort of actions has been taken a year since.

WIth regards to property and shares ... I say, "why not do both".

Good luck, keep reading, keep learning.

10. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

"why not do both".

i have both and each has their strengths and flaws .

i have not bought any property recently ( in the last 30 years ) however the good basics are the same but some traps will be different ( like the various heritage , and nature protections on some properties ).
    but some properties are getting near reasonable value v. potential .

say $200,000 can get you a chunk of land , with a future .

the hard part with land is working out which investing angle is good for you ( it doesn't always have to be always rising land values )